SciLeads is a high growth, Venture Capital backed SaaS data company helping to reshape the way scientific companies execute their sales and marketing.
Our innovative platform enables more relevant, timely and personal customer interactions so users can make more sales. We have offices in the United Kingdom and North America and our global customer base are working in areas such as cancer, COVID and Alzheimer’s.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP of Engineering manages the growing agile development team and ensures that products meet design requirements, and deliver a consistent experience for users. He/she serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting SciLeads. This person will be a hands on leader and provide strategic direction working closely with the Chief Technology Officer. This is an opportunity for someone interested in stepping up to senior level or those looking for a fresh challenge at a cutting edge company.
What the role entails:
- Lead, manage and mentor a growing team of 8 engineers.
- Conduct interviews and technical tests to build out a strong engineering team.
- Develop and mentor the team to ensure quality end products.
- Build and evolve the team’s culture based on quality and timely delivery.
- Play an “in the trench” leadership role - conduct standups, attend analysis and design workshops, oversee release deployments, etc.
Program management and Engineering Execution
- Ensure the product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality development goals and milestones on target and on budget
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Recommend technological developments and improvements on efficiency.
Technical Implementation Leadership
- Responsibility for co-developing the technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining an innovative technical roadmap.
- Prepare and optimize development budget and expenditure.
- Support the team transformation and scaling to meet increasing business objectives.
- An opportunity to shape the company’s future in a market that is wide open for the taking.
- Working with your peers in other departments (e.g. VP sales) as well as the CEO, CTO, and Board to develop company and product strategy.
Desired Experience and Expertise
- 10+ years progessive engineering experience.
- Strong organizational leadership skills including managing and structuring a diverse, growing development team of at least 10 people.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on environment; can simultaneously demonstrate strategic, big-picture thinking as well as tactical attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong operational and management skills with a track record of consistently meeting project deadlines.
- Strong presence; good verbal and written communication and highly influential both externally as well as internally at the senior management level.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Familiarly with C#, AWS, Elasticsearch and scalable hardware would be helpful.
- Engineering or similar degree.
Benefits and Perks
We are seeking a leader in the field and will pay a commensurate salary in the range of £75K to £85K plus significant wealth creation through share ownership
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume with the “VP of Engineering” position title in the Subject line to email@example.com.